Galen’s is all but done. I worked in the ends, Thanksgiving morning, over a game of Scrabble. I do need to finish sewing on the buttons, but, seeing as his birthday is fairly late in February, I have some time!
I took a chance and worked on this one out in the open. Sometimes Galen takes an interest in what I’m working on, sometimes not to much. I was careful to keep it in a heap in my lap, which was generally unrecognizable as much of anything. And he didn’t take any notice, until I was working the very last button band. And then the conversation went something like this,
“Who’s that for??”
“I hope it turns out to be for me. I wanted something that was just that red….brown…..red-brown color! If it ends up being for me that would make me very happy.”
“If it doesn’t end up being for me and you have more of that yarn, can you make something for me??”
I love this notion that he seems to have that I just make things at random and then see who they will fit. I thought it was funny that he never even asked with “it” was. Just so long as it was made of that yarn, he didn’t care.
I’m ecstatic about how it turned out. And I’m with Galen, the yarn is beautiful. I’ll be sure to get some better photos of the color when I post the finished project. It was a quick and easy knit and everything about it was exactly what I was looking for. I can’t wait to see it on him!
I’ve got a bit of extra yarn and I’m considering making a hat to go with it.
I’m rather behind on Màiri’s and Iain’s. Figures, doesn’t it? I finished up the back, both front pieces and the better part of a sleeve on Iain’s. At this point I’m trying to decide what kind of buttons I want to use (thoughts?). I did find some that I liked in a cursory glace a few weeks ago. But 6 buttons at $5 a piece equals not a chance! They were neat though. They were made of tiger’s eye.
The sweater seems so long and thin. But then again, so is he. And it’s got a ton of sideways stretch, so I think it’s going to work out just fine.
I had finished the back on Màiri’s, but then I managed to unravel a shoulder, so I’ll have to go back and fix that now. I’m nearly to the bodice on the front, which then leaves the finishing the front, both sleeves and all of the trim.
I still have one more little knitting project that I’m trying to complete in the next 5 days (to go with a sewing project that still needs work), but all things considered, it’s something of a long-shot. We’ll just have to see how things go.