I’ve been sewing up a storm all season. The girls were in need of cool weather clothing and I’ve been slowly filling out their wardrobes. These are from early in the autumn.
Seraphina’s wee over-alls were sort of based on this pattern, with a whole lot of changes, except for the elastic flutter straps which I kept exactly the same. Over-alls are wonderfully warm and practical for toddlers in so many ways, only not so much when it comes to independent potty use. At those times they can be greatly frustrating. Elastic straps are the perfect solution.
I made these using leftover fabric from my luna pants and she is the coziest and cuddliest of little sweet loves in them.
I bought this woodland print jersey to make Mairi Rose a dress for her birthday last year, but never got around to it. There was enough of it that I managed to eek out both a simple tunic for her (at her request) and a little dress for the Violet Girl. Both patterns were self-drafted. Their leggings were made from an old velour maternity dress of mine.
Also shown: Seraphina’s Lil Shepherd and Mairi’s old Blackberry Beret (the original, very first prototype for that pattern!). The beret came out of storage with a small hole and since I’m all about the artistic mending these days, I needle felted violet flourish over it before passing the hat on to it’s new owner.
More details on Seraphina’s Gilipeysa sweater….I reinforced with the sewing machine before cutting the steeks instead of the crochet method which I used last time and found nerve-racking. I like this way every-so-much better and no longer feel the need to avoid steeked projects. Yay! I covered the steek ends with some sweet vintage trim.
And on the subject of Halloween costumes in later use, apparently Mairi’s work just as well for Seraphine….
p.s. I know that some of you have been patiently waiting for the release of my lace bonnet pattern. It is ready to go out to test knitters and I actually have several ready made ones to go into my shop as well, but with the holidays I didn’t think people would want to focus on test knitting, and thought it would be best to put it out there in the New Year. But it is coming. I promise. And hopefully the kitty bonnet will follow soon after.